red espresso® is made from pure, highest quality, mountain Rooibos tea. It is naturally caffeine-free and sugar free and, owing to its unique patented cut and espresso method of preparation, has 10 times more antioxidants than traditionally-brewed Rooibos tea, and five times more than green tea!
Rooibos tea is believed to:
- Help soothe headaches
- Have a relaxing effect on the central nervous system
- Alleviate insomnia and irritability
- Help boost the immune system
- Promote heart health
- Act as a digestive aid
- Help with the relief of stomach cramps, ulcers, nausea, heartburn and constipation
- Have antiallergenic and anti-asthmatic properties
- Contain no oxalic acid and is therefore a good choice for those prone to kidney stones
- Have low tannin, so is not bitter tasting like other teas. It also means that absorption of iron and proteins into the body is less affected, making it particularly good for pregnant women and people who are anemic
- Is inherently sweet, low in calories, and can be enjoyed without sugar – making it an ideal choice for diabetics or people on calorie-restricted diets.